Tuesday, December 1, 2009

La Princesa de Musgo (The Moss Princess)

First of all, I'd like to apologize for being strangely missing the past week. Thanksgiving was fun, but busy and two days ago, my dad showed up and surprised us! He flew about 26 hours to be here from Abu Dhabi, so we've been entertaining him.
Okay, here's something that I've been wanting to show you for a long time. I created this headband for the Concurso of Beads Perles. Well, the contest ended last week and I didn't win, but I finally get to post the pictures of my entry. I originally created it to be just a headpiece, but when I realized that we had to create a necklace, I reworked the design and worked it so that it could be worn around the head or around the neck.

This is a picture of what it would look like as a choker. It has elastic on the back to help it stay around your head, and a ribbon to secure it around your neck if you choose to wear it that way. The entire thing is made with seed beads. It's bead embroidered, and inspired by this painting. I used the color scheme from the painting and created something that the princess in the painting could wear.

Also, at the same blog, Beads Perles, El Reto has begun! "El Reto" means "The Challenge" in Spanish and there are 14 artists who have entered a bracelet for this month's challenge. Please visit the blog and vote for your favorite bracelet. For those of you who can't read Spanish, be sure to look to the right on the bar to see the voting box. Have a great week guys!

4 comments: