Monday, November 23, 2009

Time to Vote and some new stuff!

Okay, first of all, it's time to vote! El Concurso for Beads Perles starts today and the participants have listed their entries. The rules state that in order to vote, you have to be on their list of artists. I know some of you are and are therefore eligible to vote, if you're not, but would like to be, you can send them an e-mail along with links to your Flickr page, store, and/or website and they'll add you to the list. I've really enjoyed following this blog and getting to know the wonderful ladies who run it. There are some incredible artists on there, so even if you have no plans of joining, I suggest you check it out, you'll probably find a new artist, or maybe even find out more about an old artist that you've followed for a while! The picture below is a beautiful bracelet and earring set that you could win just for voting! So head on over and see what all the fuss is about.
Okay, and here's some new stuff from yours truly. I call this Bronceada. It's a bead embroidered bracelet using bronzite and different shades of bronze and copper beads. I did most of it on the plane on the way back from my vacation, but finished the edging and the clasp yesterday. It's my entry for El Reto on Beads Perles. At the end of November, 14 artists from the blog will be submitting entries for a specific theme (this month is a bracelet), and everyone will have the chance to vote for their favorite. All but two of the entries are in and voting will start at the end of the month.
This was another project that I created and submitted for the Art Bead Scene Challenge. It is made using a leaf connector from Erin of Every Heart Crafts. I actually won the connector when Erin participated in the Open Studio Tour from the Beads-of-Clay blog and was fortunate that the lovely yellowy-orange color was such an integral part of this month's challenge painting. It's the first lariat-type necklace that I've created and I enjoyed working on it immensely.

Alright, have a great Monday, I know everyone is looking forward to and counting down the days until Pumpkin Pie...um, I mean, Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment