Friday, December 4, 2009

Bad, Bad Blogger

What can I say? I've been a bad blogger. It all started three weeks ago when I left to go overseas, and then I got home and we ate like pigs (a.k.a. Thanksgiving), and then on Saturday, just when I thought life was back to normal, my dad shows up from Abu Dhabi! Totally surprised us. Anyway, he left yesterday so maybe we can get back into the "normal" routine.
I did, however, manage to get some things done in the early mornings and late evenings. Here's some of them.
The first is a bead embroidered pendant made with an Elaine Ray bead. I'm lucky enough to live within driving distanced of Ornamentea and picked up this bead last month on a short trip. The bead itself was really light and I wanted the pendant to have more of a weight to it, so, before I sealed up the backing I slipped a quarter inside. It gives a great weight to the bead which means that it will hang really well on a leather or ribbon cord, and gives your pendant $.25 more value!! (Okay, just kidding)
And...#2...This is a necklace that I created as a Christmas present, don't worry the recipient doesn't read my blog (probably doesn't even know I have one). The beads are from Pam Ferrari.
Okay, last but not least, and I like this A LOT, is a bracelet I call Hardwear. It's made using washers and peyote stitch links. I've seen this technique used before, but I wanted to try it with washers because Erin Prais-Hintz has a challenge on her blog calling for artists to use hardware in their jewelry. Check out and ENTER her challenge here.

Alright, I hope you guys have a great weekend. My nephew is turning 3 today so it'll be cake (probably Elmo cake) and ice cream and we're gonna try to take him to a basketball game. Adios amigos, y que tengan buen fin de semana!


1 comment:

  1. Your bead work is simply beautiful!!!! Thanks for giving such life to my bead - it certainly has found a wonderful home.

    - Elaine Ray

    ReplyDelete