Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Wanderer

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."
 
 
 
I think too often we catch snippets of Tolkien's words, but rarely them in their entirety. This poem, quoted again and again was about the King, who had committed his life to the protection of good and also to follow wherever that road took him.
I wanted to capture that here. The idea is stones floating seemingly disconnected, but in reality, joined by one solid, flowing band of silver. One path with many stops along the way.
 

 
I've listed, on my website, three custom rings with these choice of stones. I have it set up so that you purchase the deposit now, with the remaining balance due as the rings are completed.
These are the stone options and each ring will be made in whatever size you'd like:
 
 
 Two Labradorite flanking one rutilated quartz.
 
Two Black Onyx and one Rutilated Quartz

 
 
Two Pyrite (Fool's Gold) and one Rutilated Quartz
 
 
As I read the poem over and over, the images seemed dark and I wanted the stones to reflect that, but I also chose faceted stones to reflect the light.
These listings are on my website:
 
 


3 comments: