Sunday, November 13, 2011

I highly recommend....


London in winter.
I will admit....I was skeptical about going.
I'm not sure why, I guess my expectations weren't very high.

Boy, was I ever wrong.
The weather was crisp, but enjoyable with a scarf and hat.

The city was full of surprises around every corner.

It's truly ancient, but clean and orderly.
The language is familiar.
(A fact you take for granted until the waiter appears at your table.)


The traffic patterns are completely different.
Honestly, how many times have you looked left first when crossing a road?


The history is old, and you begin to feel like things are done the way they are done because they have been done that way for years.


Oh, and she's not far from a few other sights as well.
(2 hours later and we were in Paris where the buildings and people were different and the world was much, much colder.)


I highly recommend London in Winter.
The lines are shorter.
The days are grayer (but there's no need for sunglasses).
The food's not bad (though I highly recommend sticking to ethnic).
The architecture is old, old, old.
The parks are beautiful and the lines are short.
The transportation is easy to navigate.
The surprises are endless.
There is never a shortage of things to do.

Thank you, London, I had a wonderful time.

13 comments:

  1. When I was working at Borders, a customer told me that winter is the best time to visit Europe because not many people do... I'm so glad you've given me proof. :P

    As for food- I'm told London has the BEST ethnic food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great picture of you up top there in the blue hat and coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you have been in Paris ! It would have been a pleasure to meet you.

    Catherine (one of your french fan)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So THAT'S where you've been!!! Lucky girl. I'm extremely envious...maybe someday. (sigh) Beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip Marcie, great photos. I really like the one of you, you look so British in your felt hat and scarf.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pictures! And London is great. In every weather. Not only did I always look the wrong way, but was almost knocked over by a London taxi. Thanks to my bigger brother I was not.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy you enjoyed our country's capital, i'm also glad it was crisp for you rather than wet, (which is the norm), I agree with you on the food, I'm British born and Bred and i'm not a huge fan of our traditional British food. I was born in London, the College took us up there for a trip in September, it made me long to be back there, the museums, the history, the diversity, i miss it dearly...sigh...maybe one day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for giving us a little taste of London ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful pictures!!! I loved you hat....have a nice day!!! greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. London is my favorite town, I love it. Thanks for these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also had a wonderful time there when I went to study photography abroad last year. I also spent over $900 worth of beads at the local shops and marketplaces. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Marms,

    It is your long lost cousin, Randi. :) I was looking for your family on facebook and came across your blog. You look amazing and seem to be doing so well-yay! We love you bunches and would love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving that sead bead wrap bracelet! Thank you for stopping by the virtual craft show! I love your blog and look forward to seeing more. I hope you take the time to check out my designs at designs by susan
    http://designsbysusan-dbs.blogspot.com/ and www.facebook.com/designsbysusan. Hope to see you!

    ReplyDelete