Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Color, Color, Color....

Pantone's fashion color report is out for 2011 and while you guys know my issues with the illustrations they use in the reports...I still find the colors incredibly inspiring. (Click here to get it and click on Spring 2011 Report.)
Now, let me say this...
While these may be the colors set forth by Pantone, they are not the only colors in the world and I tend to use the colors as more of a suggestion than a guide. I don't think that you should use these colors for everything that you create, but they are kinda nice to have around when you're in a color rut.
That said, I thought I'd show you my favorites...in combination. ;)


First up, Lavender and Beeswax (sounds like a Bath and Body Works fragrance, no?) Now, I've always been a fan of purple, it looks good on people with dark hair and with a punch of this orangey/yellow, it looks great.

Sunflower on a Lilac House

The next one for me is Silver Peony and Silver Cloud. I didn't used to be such a fan of the luster/pearl finishes, but I'm beginning to find that they really have their place when combined the right way.

June Birthstone

I was also attracted to Blue Curacao. I really like it with the Peapod color, but I just couldn't find a good match on Etsy. However, I LOVE the color and the wirework in these gorgeous earrings. I'm so jealous of anyone that can do wirework like this.

Aqua Chalcedony Earrings

What do you think? What's your favorite color or color combo?
Oh, and one more question..."honeysuckle"? I grew up in Alabama and honeysuckles are not fuschia pink.

Okay, last thing, today is the 28th and I'll be accepting Margie and Me entries all day. I'm gonna go to bed tonight with my inbox still open, so if you get your entry to be anytime today, I'll take it, oh and also.....
THANK YOU!
I've been overwhelmed by the response to my sale and consequently so shall be my mailman today! I can't thank you guys enough! New stuff coming on Jan. 1st!
Have a great Tuesday!


1 comment:

  1. ¡Preciosos pendientes Calcedonia!
    Te deseo una FELIZ NAVIDAD y que el 2011 nos traiga amor, estabilidad y salud.
    Besitos

    ReplyDelete