Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Guessing Game and a little something new...

I haven't had much time to be creative this week, mostly because I've been busy every morning. I have, however, been cranking out Carnaval Pendants for my sisses. I've just got to get some chain to suspend them from.
I'm seeing a trend in my sales...affordable. In the past couple weeks, I've sold a ton of rings and pendants, all within the $20 - $30 range. So, I'm taking this concept and running with it. I know it's because of the economy, and I'm approaching it with a challenge to myself. Can I make something affordable yet beautiful? With beadweaving this translates into small which is even a greater challenge. I have to capture color, texture, and depth into something that's only about as big as a half dollar!

This is my newest creation, I call it El Mar which means "The Sea" in Spanish. It's a beaded bead suspended from black waxed cotton cord at choker length.

I've worn it twice already and gotten some great compliments on it. I don't normally wear chokers, but this one is great and it's so light around your neck.
Okay, finally...the guessing game! I'm having so much fun putting these together!
I realized that I totally forgot to tell you what last week's was...Rear Window! Only the best Alfred Hitchcock movie ever!
Here's this week, and if you can't get this...I mean, come on! Leave me a comment with your guess. (If you absolutely must know what it is, you can click on the picture for a link, otherwise you'll get no help from me!)

Enjoy your Wednesday!


4 comments:

  1. My first guess is Beauty and the Beast.
    I love the colors in El Mar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the necklace - it's something I totally would buy and wear. And the theme - Chronicles of Narnia? The Turkish Delight is what did it for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just GORGEOUS! I've spent some time looking through your latest pieces and oh my goodness, the patterns! The color! I'm in love! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the necklace! You have really captured the essence of beadweaving in a small component. Your style is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete