Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Sand and the Sea

One of the guidelines for being a member of the Etsy Beadweavers Team is that you have to at least once a year enter the challenge, well, this month the challenge theme was ocean or sea. I just finished my entry today. I call this Sand and Sea Cuff. I tried to use more muted tones because when I think about the ocean in winter I always think about paler blues and the muted sand tones. Things just aren't quite as bright as they are in summer, plus it's cold! So, here's my entry for the challenge. Voting won't open for about another month, but when it does I'll let ya' know.

However, if you'd like to vote for something, you can still go to the Beads Perles blog and vote for your favorite necklace/earring combo for El Reto of this month. The voting box is on the right, and there are links to all the entries if you scroll down through the post. I hope you enjoy browsing through the entries, there are some really talented designers out there.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and that you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. My favourite ocean colours are the muted ones of winter. Perfect reflection of that colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, Marcie! This is gorgeous. I love it. I really do. I wish I had a little money in my paypal account! :( Oh, well. I will soon I hope. I'm trying to get some ceramic pieces made right now so I can open up my shop again.

    ReplyDelete