Wednesday, September 16, 2009

She get it from her mama...

Okay, today's post is going to be nothing but bragging...You all have been so supportive and complimentary of my work and It's so exciting and encouraging to read all the comments about my jewelry and designs, etc. So, I thought that I would show you where the design sense comes from. This is a mosaic table that my mom finished recently. She took an unfinished wood table and created a mosaic of flowers using plates. Yep, that's right, not tiles mind you, but plates that she bought for nothing from a home store.

I love the look of the table, and it looks so good sitting on our front porch between the rockers. It's just enough table to set a book or a drink, or in the case of today, a hot cup of tea. I also find it quite humorous (and strangely creepy!) that she also included in the table a plate chip with a face on it. We asked her about it and she said why not?

My mother's house is full of handmade things. This isn't her first piece of mosaic and I'm sure it won't be her last. She's an excellent painter and sewer, she's love to create flower arrangements, both dried and real. She's a fantastic gardener and has turned her backyard into the garden of her dreams. As I look around I see curtains, flower arrangements, paintings, ceramics, all made with a loving touch and an eye for design. So, when you leave such kind comments about my color choice or pattern use or how I incorporate this clasp with that bracelet, all I can say is....she get it from her mama. Thanks, mama!

2 comments:

  1. That table is beautiful. How did your mom get the squares so perfect. Yep, I see where your talent comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esta hermosa. La combinacion de colores me encanta.

    ReplyDelete