Thursday, August 20, 2009

Entrevista/Interview

Guess what??

I was featured today in the blog Beads Perles! This is another one of those came-across-by-accident blogs and the first time I read it, I was hooked. Basically, they showcase the work of jewelry artists all over the world by interviewing them and then keeping them in an artist's list to reference at any time. I'm so excited and I feel so honored to be part of such an incredible group of artists. The interview is in Spanish, because the authors are based out of Spain, however, I've posted it here in English for all my English-speaking friends to read. Thanks everyone for your support and kind words! Yay!

INTERVIEW
Would you like to tell us your name?
My name is Marcie Abney
How old are you?
I am 26 years old
What country are you born? I was born in the United States in the state of Tennessee
Where do you live now? I currently live in Wilmington, NC, on the east coast of the U.S.
When did you started with this hobby?
I played a little bit with making necklaces when I was in high school, but a little over a year ago was when I started beadweaving.
How did you started?
I bought a ring from a little shop in Winston-Salem, NC and I really liked it and I wanted more of them, so I bought some supplies and decided to recreate it on my own. It just bloomed from there.
Who are three artists who inspire you the most?
Sherry Serafini: http://www.serafinibeadedjewelry.com/
Heidi Kummli: http://www.freespiritcollection.com/
Smadar of Smadar's Treasure: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24149059@N05/
How many hours a week do you dedicate to this hobby?
I would say anywhere from 20 to 30
Is this more than your hobby? Is it your job?
No, just a hobby right now.
What other hobbies do you have? I have a large family, so I'm constantly with my niece, nephew, sisters, mom, dad, fiance etc...
Would you like to tell us a little bit more about you?
I also speak Spanish, and one of my favorite pastimes is looking for good music in Spanish. I would love to travel the world, but because time and money don't permit me, I spend a lot of time looking at pictures of the world on Flickr, and watching the Travel Channel. I get most of my inspiration from other cultures and I love the designs and asthetics of different countries.



No comments:

Post a Comment