Friday, February 11, 2011

Did I ever tell you how much that I like Artbeads?

This time around for the Artbeads blog program, we were asked to create something inspired by the theme "Winter Enchantment".
Well, I was very enchanted by winter the day after Christmas when it snowed a mountain here, but lately, not so much.
In my corner of the woods, it's been cold/freezing/cool/warm/freezing and so on for about two weeks and this morning I woke up to frost covering EVERYTHING.


So, my winter inspiration revolves around the word "heavy", heavy snow, heavy frost, heavy me...these are all things that I associate with the onset of shorter days and darker nights.

Which inevitably caused me to pick bronze everything for my inspiration. This bracelet features bronze czech fire-polished beads and bronze seed beads in shiny and matte finishes.


While it's a little darker than most of my creations, so has been my winter!
The pattern is my Charlotte's Path Bracelet. I made the weave on this one a little tighter just to see what would happen, and then added a few more beads on the edge to give it a tighter feel.


The best part about this bracelet? The shimmer! The fire-polished beads catch the light everytime you move and even though I'm normally not a huge fan of such glam, this is just downright awesome!
So, what's your winter inspiration?

The materials above were provided as part of the Artbeads blogging program. The author of this blog has not received any payment from above-mentioned company. The post above represents only personal opinion of the blog author.

10 comments:

  1. Great Bracelet...lovely colors...perfect for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. So beautiful it should be mine :-) Gonna list it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bracelet! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love the play of matte and shiny - a great way to capture the feeling of frosty days. Winter days here are matte raku olive and shiny pale gold - the colors of the sand, fields, and pines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I too love the play of understated shimmer - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow what a beautiful piece! I love the look of it on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Marcie! I like that it's intricate (with the beadweaving) but simple in style and color--my kind of bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bronze is one of my favorite colors. You have created something absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this bracelet. Is there a pattern or a kit?

    ReplyDelete