Saturday, May 19, 2012

Set a Goal

I've told you before that one of my goals was to be published in Belle Armoire Jewelry.
It was a real stretch for me because they tend to take pieces with more advanced techniques or an especially impressive sense of style.
Also, most of the submissions are series, meaning the artist creates two or three pieces showing how the similar techniques can be used.


Well, last year I sat down to stretch my creativity and my embroidery technique to create something that was a mixed media version of bead embroidery and submit to Belle Armoire Jewelry.
I didn't want to do a necklace, while necklaces are gorgeous, I wanted to really show other applications for bead embroidery.



This is the series I came up with a Steampunk-inspired, embroidered parade of bangles and baubles.
And, I'm very pleased to say that the whole collection was published in Belle Armoire Jewelry for their summer issue!


The article, Frozen in Time, will take you step by step through my method so that you can make your own version of these Steampunk sweeties.
Oh, and also included is a fourth piece that you'll have to nab the mag to catch a glimpse of.

Lesson learned:
Set a goal and go for it, and remember, if it doesn't work the first time, try, try again.

Enjoy your weekend!


30 comments:

  1. Felicidades Marcie¡¡ es un trabajo impresionante¡¡Muy estiloso¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Marcie, they are wonderful pieces. I've never seen that publication here in the UK, I think I might have to subscribe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! The pieces are beautiful - can't wait to see them in print on the news stand (before the magazine goes home with me!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Marcie, this is well deserved. Looking forward to finding and taking this publication home with me.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. That is quite an accomplishment. The pieces are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marcie, those are gorgeous. I find myself wishing the first one was a working watch so I could wear it every day. I'm so excited to see your pieces in Belle Amoire. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations...wonderful designs,
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rock On! I am impressed and I shall have to get me a copy of the magazine to see that fourth piece!
    Nellie's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Felicidades!! Las piezas estan hermosas y con ese toque romantico que me fascina! esa es mi revista favorita de beading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. felicidades por esta creacion con tanto detalle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marcie, congratulations! Your pieces are absolutely incredible, so I'm not surprised that Belle Armoire liked them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A big congrat's to you Marcie!! I am so happy for you, and these pieces are over the top gorgeous!! I always come back to see your incredible beadweaving, and I am so attracted to it. My goal should be to just do this! I can't wait to get my issue, you are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First well done! What a great accomplishment. Second, I need you to know I am blown away by this design. Steampunk & seed beads brilliant! It sure is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Increible, sin comentarios...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...que maravilla, es que eres increible a la hora de diseñar!
    Son hermosas estas creaciones!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Marcie! The designs are stunning as always, and I'm not surprised they want to publish them. I subscribe to the mag - can't wait to see them in print. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! Your piece is gorgeous! Goals are a great way for me to stay on task and motivated as well! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Marcie! I'm looking forward to reading about these pieces in Belle Armoire Jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool!!! I'm so excited to see them on paper!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so cool Marcie! Congratulations. The pieces look great and I'm definitely going to pick up a copy!!! And thanks for the great reminder about setting goals and persistence!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Son muy originales!! preciosos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations!! These pieces are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful work!! Now off to see if I can find this magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Enhorabuena, tus diseños son impresionantemente bellos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is awesome! I have always wanted to be in there as well, but I never think that anything I do will be worthy of that publication. I can't wait to see your name on the page and see these baubles up close! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete