Saturday, February 4, 2012

Some Good News and Bad News

First, the good news...
I'm gonna be in a book!
(Well, not me really, the beads)
Three of my pieces were chosen for the Lark series Showcase 500 Beaded Jewelry
This was a photo only submission and I'm so excited to be a part!
I remember back in April of last year when I submitted, it was not the easiest submission process. They didn't accept online submissions which have become so easy to do, so I had to actually take the photos, save them on CD, fill out a form for each photo and the whole time I'm working on this I'm thinking...wow, this is a long shot.

Well, it was worth it! I'm so excited and can't wait till the book comes out in August.
My three pieces are The Queen's Crown Bracelet which is
made with lots of faceted czech glass and bugle beads.


Tumbling Tiles which has really been a pretty popular bangle and a good way to get your feet wet if you've never worked with Tila beads.



Also, La Catedral which has been extremely popular and also happens to be my favorite design of all my bracelet designs. 


I hope you'll keep an eye out for the book come August, it promises to be a great collection of some of the world's best beadweavers!


Okay, for the bad news...
I'm sure you've already guessed but I've decided not to try to continue with the fashion blog hop this year. Getting sick really sucked the energy out of me and I realized that I don't want to take on any kind of deadlines whether I set them for myself or not.
I'm trying to limit my limits on my creative time (did that make sense?).
Thanks to everyone who expressed interest and who knows, maybe, maybe down the road we might do a special something.

So, enjoy your weekend, I hope it's relaxing and creative and also fun!

-Marcie 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulation for the publication. These are truly beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Marcie on getting in to the book, My piece 'Pandora' Also made it in, i'm so excited to be featured next to so many talented beaders like yourself, I can't wait for my copy to hit the mat, your bracelets are gorgeous, and so deserve to go in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your work is truly worthy! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for getting three of your bracelets publiced. I think it's going to be a wonderful book, what I want to have ;-)
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations -- it's so well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! This is marvelous! I will gladly add the book to my collection, especially because your bracelet designs are in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Your designs really deserve it. I just read the bad news on the Fashion Blog Hop. I hope today's reveal will take place, as I just posted my piece. No matter what it was fun to design my piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulions! Your pieces deserve to be published and Tumbling tiles simply rock!

    Ambra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations-that is so awesome! The bracelets are gorgeous, I can see why they selected them. My favorite is the tumbling tiles set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yippeee! Marcie, that is wonderful news - congratulations!! I can't wait to see the book in August. I've been seeing posts and mentions of others whose work will be included. I especially love your La Catedral bangle - the colors are stunning (and so is your photography)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your inclusion in the book! I found out two of my necklaces will be included. You can see them on my blog. I found your page linked on a fellow beader's etsy. I'm happy to have discovered you.

    ReplyDelete