Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Feelin' Much Better...

I'm still not 100% and I feel like I've lost half of January, but I'm definitely getting better and I've got a few new pieces to show you!
I didn't feel like doing much while I was sick and actually two of these pieces were created before I got sick. The first is a long embroidered pendant that I've woven into the shape of a flower.
The stones are deep green jade and I've surrounded it with my favorite mustard/burnt sienna color combo.


I've hung it from some pretty long chain for a little drama.
I've listed it in my shop if you'd like to see some more pics.
You can find it here:


This next one has a Morrocan vibe.
I've used this gorgeous vintage lucite navette in a marquis shape and surrounded it with lime green faceted glass and deep cobalt blue seed beads with flashes of bright gold.


I added some transparent czech leaves for a little added architectural shape and I also really like the transparency of the leaves and I think they really add a depth of color.
I've also put it in the shop here:


This one was inspired by this tiny little sleeping fox bead that I purchased from Rebekah Payne.
I wanted to create a really textural pendant and I used this gorgeous piece of Birdseye Rhyolite with these great colors running through it and accented it leopardskin Jasper and Mookaite.


Here's an up-close of this cute little fox!


I also created a beaded chain for this one which is very unlike me, but I felt it needed the added bit of drama. This one is also in the shop here:


Last but not least is a really large and chunky piece that I created for myself.
The center medallion is a tooled leather mandala in this gorgeous universe in a flower design.
I purchased the mandala from another artist (I have not taken up leather-tooling in case you were wondering).


It didn't need much, but I did want to add seed beads to it (I'll add seed beads to pretty much anything).


I created this halo of seed beads using a combination of brick stitch and peyote.
I really, really like the finished piece, and this one is mine (sorry!).


I still haven't decided what to do about the fashion blog hop.
I'll let you know by the end of the week.
I'm still working on feeling good and I need to get my bead soup out to my partner (yikes!).
Have a great Wednesday and stay healthy!

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better. Those pieces are gorgeous. I love the first flower one. The colors are so pretty and the design is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're better! And I can't even pick a favorite as they are all extremely eye catching in their own unique ways. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice beading,Marcie:-)
    Glad,You're better.
    All the pendants are wonderful.
    Very ibteresting connection of beading stitches,gemstones and fabulous,individual ceramic forms.
    -Greetings from Sweden-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get better right quick, Miss Marcie! I love to see what you are working on. It is like a blooming garden right here and that makes me smile in my frozen tundra! I am working on my next challenge as well, so I am excited to see what you are working on. And I haven't forgotten about a potential collaboration... I am thinking maybe for May? We will talk...

    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you are feeling better. Long term illnesses are such a pain in the butt, stunting our creativity, it sucks.
    Your new pieces are truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling better. These pieces are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I love all the pieces but adore the last one you have made for yourself. That leather piece is gorgeous...good thing you are keeping it because I might have treated myself!! Can you remember where you got the leather piece from?

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Marcie! Your bead work is stunning! And I absolutely love what you did with the little fox!

    Take care. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The green jade and a Moroccan atmosphere is my favorite! The little fox is very cute. Congratulations on your working hours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unos bellos trabajos, fantásticos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the delicate and intricate design on the pendants.The earth colors are excellent to my eyes and they make such a beautiful delicate look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love ALL of these! And I'm so sorry you were sick, with a tummy bug, no less.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your pieces are beautiful. I have a web page of jewerly from Mexico and Colombia, and I would like to have your prices and look for the possibility of a business relationship in the next future. I live in Guatemala, Central America. If you are interested, please contact me to veronica.ayala@crazyforfashiononline.com.

    ReplyDelete