Friday, December 17, 2010

Lilies Fresco #42

I promised you guys a little more info about each one of our inspiration color palettes, and today is the Lilies Fresco #42 from Margie's book.
I chose this one because it's so much softer than some of the other palettes, almost calming.
The chosen palette comes from the ruins on Akrotiri, one of the Greek islands.


The fresco that I chose above is just one of quite a few that have been found among these ancient ruins from the Minoan civilization. Previously buried under mounds of volcanic rubble, the ruins are still in the process of being excavated.


Here is the map of where Akrotiri is located among the Greek isles. When I was in Greece earlier this year, we stayed in Athens, so no Greek island hopping for me, but apparently the islands are the best part of Greece.

One reason that I chose this palette (other than the amazing colors) was the natural inspiration of the fresco. This is definitely what I would consider a "Spring" palette with colors and themes that focus more on new growth and budding flowers. This may be the color palette that you need to get you out of a little winter slump!

Okay, finally, I've had a few people ask me about doing more than one entry and I've thought long and hard about it and come to the conclusion that if you have the time, the beads, and the energy, then go for it! Just be sure that you send me both entries by the 28th. Also, when you send me your entry, give me a little blurb about how you were inspired by the painting, I think that it would be cool to read what everyone has to say.

Okay, finally, here are the items that are on sale for today in my shop:


Northern Star Beadwoven Necklace. I don't know why, but this particular necklace strikes me as being perfect for a younger girl or teenager.

And finally, The Lady's Bead Embroidered Brooch which doubles as a pendant. This one is much more sophisticated, shall we say.
I also created a Priority Mail Upgrade listing and if you purchase that, I'll make sure that your jewelry reaches you by Christmas.
Have a great one guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment