Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thank You and an upgrade!

Okay, first of all, I've been going through my shop lately, trying to upgrade the pictures of some of my items. I've gotten bored with the limestone rock background, so I'm changing it up a little to see what I can come up with. I'm also starting to play around a little with photo editing and lighting.
This was the first picture I took of my Rusty Vines bracelet. Nothing wrong with it, it's a fine picture, but not quite what I wanted. I realized that because the background was the same color as the ceramic beads, they tended to kind of disappear so I wanted something with a little more contrast.
So, I chose a lighter background, and a prop to give the bracelet a little more height and a better angle. I think this background does an excellent job of showing off the colors of the bracelet. It looks to me like it's popping out of the picture now and not just lying quietly by.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone for the overwhelming support of my Fire and Ice Cuffs Tutorial. It seems like I've been doing nothing but e-mailing tutorials for the last couple of days! Thank you so much and please please send me pictures when you're done, I'd LOVE to see what you created!

Last but not least, has anyone heard from Beadstar? I haven't heard a thing and I was just wondering. Anyway...enjoy your Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Nice job with the photo skillz!!! haaaaaa I can't believe what a difference that change makes! Once I get myself all moved up to Virginia, I think it'll be time to sort the shop out. I like the idea of "upgrading" the pics. Take care! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! What a difference a prop makes. I am always a bit leary of props. But you have done it so well. And no. I have not heard about Bead Star. Pins and needles for sure!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete