Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Smoke and Mirrors and Lorelei Eurto

First of all, I wanted to show you a necklace done by the muy talented Lorelei Eurto. Why? You ask. Well, because not only is it gorgemous, but she used my beads!! Yep, me and Ms. Eurto chatted one day about beaded beads, so I sent her a few of mine and whadda ya know...they look great with this combination of stone, wood, and a beautiful pendant from Earthenwood Studios. If you want more pictures of this beautiful necklace, or you just must buy it, it's called Dragonflier and listed here, in her shop.

Here's a close-up of my beaded beads. If you want to check those out, I have a couple of really cool brightly colored ones in my shop as well.
Okay, Smoke and Mirrors. This bracelet started with a very simple strand of smoky blue czech faceted beads. I normally don't do well, anything with those types of beads but I bought them on a whim at a bead show I attended last week. I was thinking about their shape and how to use them, and I had seen them used inside of herringbone stitch at the tops of the columns, and I had used them like that also, but it seemed so boring, so I thought about doing it around another bead. Anyway, I could tell ya' the whole story but it's long and drawn out. Let's just say that this was the result of much trial and error and a whole lot of counting beads. I'm still undecided about selling it. I really like it. I think that what I may do is see if I can find some more of those smoky blue czech beads, and if I can, then I'll sell this piece and make me another.



Alright, I'm off to get some work done. I was out all day yesterday and now have quite a bead mess to clean up. Have a great day all!
P.S. I sold my Spring Leaves Necklace!! (Which means a little extra money in the paypal account to put toward faceted czech glass!)

3 comments:

  1. Que bonita te ha quedado!!!!es preciosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful pieces of jewelry! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The necklace is beautiful, but the bracelet... O_O Incredible!

    ReplyDelete