Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sherlock Holmes, Resin, and a Bead Soup Par-tay

We'll start at the beginning. Sherlock Holmes. I happen to think Jeremy Brett was THE Sherlock Holmes, that he was born to play the role and did so with such finesse and attention to detail that there can be no other. As a result, I have been watching his entire series of episodes, streamable through Netflix.
Problem: I'm done with the series and I have nothing to watch.
Solution: I must find a new series to stream. (If you haven't gotten on the Netflix bandwagon you are missing out.)

Okay, on to Resin, I've been reading Enchanted Adornments by Cynthia Thornton (thank you Ms. Powers for my copy!) and am itching to try making anything with resin. For whatever reason, the idea of encapsulating something permanantly inside of a clear, glue-like substance that dries hard just speaks to me on such a deep level.
Problem: I cannot afford to start a new hobby, I'm up to my eyeballs in seed beads.
Solution: We'll keep resin on the back burner for now and revisit it this summer.

Finally, the Bead Soup Par-tay... Here's a snapshot of the goods which arrived yesterday. My partner is Michelle Mach. I've always admired her things in Beadwork and she served as editor of Beading Daily when I won the Pattern Play Challenge. So, I am definitely looking forward to making something with this lov-e-ly set of beads.
Thank you, Michelle!

1 comment: