Thursday, December 24, 2009

¡Feliz Navidad!

Wow. Can you believe it's Christmas Eve already?? I think I'm ready though. All my presents are made, they just need to be wrapped and stuffed under the tree. And of course, there's the food. My sister and I haven't started cooking yet, but our menu isn't that crazy, so we should be able to get everything done in time to eat. But, most importantly, I'm looking forward to just spending a calm evening in front of the fire with my family. I know you are too!

Well, I thought I'd leave you with a final beady installment. About a week ago, I saw a post where someone mentioned beaded beads. Now, I've always liked the look of beaded beads, but never knew how to make them, so I decided to try to find some tutorials on the internet and see what I could come up with. The easiest I found was a tutorial using brick stitch. So, here's the goods. This first set is called Turquoise Beaded Beads (for obvious reasons).

This second set is called Midnight Beaded Beads. The small beads are really little and cute and I love the way they look. I've listed both sets in my store as loose beads. I have some beady friends who are so good at stringing beads together. I, on the other hand, am not. My 3-year-old nephew could make better wired loops than me and the one time I tried to make a cute little bird's nest, it ended up looking like a defunct rat's nest. So, having said that, I'll leave the stringing to the professionals!

Oh, and also, I started a Facebook page for La Bella Joya and I now have over 100 followers!! Crazy!! I owe that to some very good advertisement from my beady friends. If you're on Facebook look me up! Well, have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment