Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Still Playing Along

Heather Powers' challenge is still on. Anyone interested in playing has three more days to get their entries in! This is my third entry. The challenge was to use a finding in an interesting way to create a focal piece for a necklace. This is what I came up with. The focal is a Branch Lentil bead by Humblebeads and below it, I've attached a magnetic clasp with some embellished chain fringe below. It's a large focal, and so if you decide that you don't want to wear such a large pendant....
your option is to remove the fringe and just have the lentil bead with a small charm hanging below it! You can adjust the length and the look of the necklace just by removing half of the clasp.
Here's a picture of the two separate pieces together.

I hope you like, and I hope that you'll play along with Heather if you get the chance, she's really come up with some creative ways to use beads to create findings and I've enjoyed stretching my brain to meet the challenges. Check out all the info here on Heather's blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment