Thursday, August 6, 2009

What are you wearing today?

Well, I dunno 'bout you guys, but I'm wearin' this:



This is my current entry for the August ABS Challenge. It was inspired by a Japanese woodcutting called Kanagawa oki nami ura (Great Wave off of Kanagawa). Lucky for me, Kristie Roeder of Artisan clay (her blog, her shop) had previously sent me this beautiful cabochon with this splash of blue that went perfectly with the color scheme. I wanted to capture the feeling of the huge wave cresting at the top of the picture, so the scalloped edges are a nod to the wave. I love it and am extremely happy with the way that it turned out.

In other news: I finished up my Turbulence bracelet in four different colorways.

Lastly, well, this isn't really a project, but it is a very unhappy Peek-a-Poo. He hurt his paw and in an attempt to keep him from licking it, we had to put him in a "Cona". (My sister came up with the term.)

Have a great Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo...That pendant is gorgeous! Great job on the ABS challenge! And you work fast, too! Those turbulence bracelets are FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola, muchas gracias por el comentario, me agrada que te haya gustado. Te han quedado preciosas esas pulseras, felicidades. Un beso a ti perrito, espero que ya se haya recuperado. Un beso y un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete