Friday, June 15, 2012

Me and Marsha like color

Erin posted a couple of days ago her two color palette choices for Marsha Neal's Silk Color Palette Challenge.

Well, if you've been around here for a while, you'll already know my penchant for matchy matchy color palettes and I knew I had to take a chance on this one.

Marsha said we can take inspiration from anywhere, so I dug deep into my inspiration file and found this beautiful Morrocan Mosaic Tile Roof that I'd tucked away for a rainy day.

The picture is from a blog called Alicia B. Designs, but she gives credit to Robin Bell for the design, and congratulations Robin Bell, it is gorgeous.
I think if this were my patio, I'd spend afternoons napping on the couch, hands behind head, with eyes facing upward.  



I've chosen these colors from Marsha's silk palette to complement the Mosaic Morrocan Tile.
(From the bottom left corner, up and over)



Marsha said we could pick up to 10 colors, but these six was really all I needed for this color palette, though I did struggle to pick the perfect blues and grays and in the end decided on incorporating two of each with just a punch of the mustard and olive.

I'm officially calling my palette the Morrocan Mosaic Color Mix

Are you inspired?
You should be.

The entries have already started rolling in, and Marsha plans on opening voting on Monday so you can vote for your favorite palette.
Be sure and stop by her blog for all the details.

Enjoy the beginning of your weekend.
We'll be doing some much needed landscaping this weekend and it looks like we're in for some beautiful weather in my neck of the woods!

1 comment:

  1. Ooohhh! WOW! Love that patio (could go out there for some relaxation and inspiration for sure!). Your palette is remarkable! I think palettes of any number of colors are great. So delighted you jumped in on the challenge! Good luck this next week with the voting!

    ReplyDelete