Sunday, February 5, 2012

New Tutorial! Beaded Beads!

One of my goals for a while now has been to create a beaded bead. I love the challenge of beading in 3D. It really is a lot of work to figure out a way to weave shape into a piece and keep it from being too flat like bracelets can often be.



This bead uses rondelles and faceted czech glass as a base and then the bugle beads and seeds are woven off of the ends to create a diamond shape. 


It is hollow and you can run an eye pin right through the center to string them.
I've just listed it in my shop so you can pick up the instructions yourself!
The listing is here if you'd like to see more!
Enjoy the last bit of your weekend!



11 comments:

  1. Amazing job!!! and very original... greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just gorgeous. Amazing work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encantan, son hermosas y los colores que usaste son hermosos. Besitos. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcie, your beaded beads are really beautiful. I am crazy about these types of beads and I really love your own unique take on them. You know I'm not a beadweaver and could never comprehend the tutorial, but would love to add beads like this to my jewelry if they were sold as finished beads! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT !! IT'S JUST EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR FOR MONTHS - I'M OFF TO CHECK OUT MY STASH, WAX SOME THREAD ON THE BIG-EYE NEEDLE AND GET B-U-S-Y !!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOU INSPIRATION - IT'S WHAT I REALLY NEEDED TO GET BUSY AGAIN : ) OF COURSE, I WOULD NEVER COPY YOURS OR ANYONE ELSE'S WORK ... I JUST USE THE INSPIRATION, AND THEN DO MY OWN THING AND ALWAYS END UP WITH SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!! I GUESS THAT'S WHAT 'INSPIRATION' REALLY IS! THANK YOU MOST KINDLY. PS: YOURS IS THE BEST WEBSITE ON THE NET AND I ALWAYS COME HERE WHEN I NEED TO FIND SOMETHING DIFFERENT - YOU HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL GIFT AND I'M VERY GRATEFUL TO YOU FOR SHARING SO FREELY AND FOR THE TIME AND EFFORT YOU PUT INTO YOUR PAGES!

    ReplyDelete