Monday, August 2, 2010

Margie and Me - The Pink Tablecloth

It's back! This week I'm focusing on this painting by Georges Braque, The Pink Tablecloth. I've recently fallen head over heels for yellow and gray, so now I get to see what happens when you thrown this stunning soft pink and blue-gray into the mix.
And as always, if you'd like to play along, let me know!
Here's what I did yesterday...some more resinating using tiny little cuts of paper. I made a little house scene in this tiny little heart pendant. Some of the resin soaked in a little too much into the paper, but it gives it that kind of just-before-a-storm look.
I also did the two rings. On the left is a mountain landscape, and on the right is a little bright pink flower, BOTH with a bubble!!! I babysat these boogers for two hours and then went to bed satisfied that no bubbles were gonna pop up. Boy was I wrong.

I've got no plans to list any of these (especially not Mr. and Mrs. Bubbles), but if you like, let me know..
I also finished this simple pendant for my sister.

Also, I'm on the Lovely Clusters blog!! Hop on over and check out the cluster that I curated, it's in a couple of my new favorite colors!
Also, I'd like to thank a certain someone for her comments the other day about my feelings of disjointedness (is that a word?!) I think I'm gonna go for it. I think I'm gonna make a Fall Collection, something that is really unified and cohesive with a theme and everything. There are so many ideas swirling in my head...we'll see where this goes!
Last thing, new stuff in the destash shop!




6 comments:

  1. Resin can be soooo frustrating! I read somewhere to coat the front and back of the paper with Mod Podge to prevent the resin from soaking into the paper. Oh, and thanks for the link to Lovely Clusters. I love the pendant you are showing there. I'd never seen it before. School starts for teachers tomorrow so I'm off to get all prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is really lovely! I do love that yellow and gray combo too! I used to seed bead, and looking at your work I miss it a bit. Maybe someday! You are very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those resin pieces are so cute! I think you should list them anyway. Someone is sure to love them, bubbles and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great resin pieces and another beautiful pendant!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love "Mr and Mrs Bubbles" I have no idea what I would do with them but they speak to me! I also agree you should go for it! I was on vacation so I was just able to back read a bit! As before it is always best to go with what is in your heart! That is why I love your pieces so much! I know they are made with heart!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so very welcome, Marcie! I'm so glad I have you a little nudge in the right direction ;-) I cannot wait to see how your Fall collection evolves...I know it will be just beautiful and, as with all of your work, endlessly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete